Wednesday, January 2, 2013

WE SURVIVE THROUGH 2012


After my 18th birthday,I started to feel that time passed so fast that I could still remember clearly what I was doing a year ago! Different countries had different celebrations~~

Visitors gathered at Guatemala attending the "End World Party" where the Temple II (one of the most famous Maya's culture temple)was constructed; However, the world doesn't come to an end fortunately----the temple did!! Due to the damage of the visitors.

Mexican restaurants came up a special meal named "IN CASE" which include matches, chocolate, notebook and wine! In the end, the restaurants ended up earning tremendous profit because of this appealing and newfangled idea!

In Chile, 25% of workers in whole nation was seeking various excuses for not going to work and half of them confessed to their employers because they were superstitious. People revealed their preference to stay with their family on that day.

Actually I did nothing special on that day and barely felt differences around people here. I guess this is due to the culture difference and religion. However, it was still exciting to see how those central and southern Americans held their celebrations. I am glad we all survive through this~

3 comments:

  1. haha! "the world doesn't come to an end fortunately----the temple did!! Due to the damage of the visitors." That's true! I can still remember a year ago when I was preparing for the big test. As I saw the prediction of 2012, I felt nothing but angry and sad, because I didn't want to waste my time in studying all day long! I couldn't imagine my life would end up such a miserable drama. Fortunately, we all survived :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily, we all survived and we can look forward to the beautiful winter vacation. I did nothing on that day, too and I think if something had happened on that day, everyone would have been dead. Therefore, there was nothing to be afraid of. I ended that day in a common way. Just like it was an ordinary day and actually, it was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,kira!
    How's your spanish? I want to study spanish too,because I have a lot of friend who from central and southern America.and I L O V E them so much!Because I think they Latin people love to dance, they can start dancing in any place, It's very cute.haha
    If you need learning spanish,I'll be able to introduce them to you!

    ReplyDelete