Wednesday, October 3, 2012

First class experience~

    Youth Association of  International Conference (YAIC) is an international  club in which the member discuss about the hot issues that is happening on earth recently. It aims to train students' speaking skills and thinking ability by letting them play the roles of delegates in Model United Nations (MUN). I had attended the MUN once since I was in senior high school, so I got interested in this club when I first saw it on the club performing day. I registered immediately with my friend partly because I hope I can be more sensitive about the global issues by immersing myself in the world breaking news everyday and partly because, considering the club fee-they had discount (10% off) on that day!
    I have attended the club class once so far, unsurprisingly, there was a ice breaking time for everyone to make a brief introduction,  then we were divided into small groups based on the recognizing spots of photos from worldwide and they were broke into several pieces while we received as we entered the classroom. Soon, everyone teamed up and seated together with those new faces partners. Again we introduced ourselves and got prepared for the next section.
    Two groups were invited to the stage each time, and the host asked us questions about the geography. We had to respond immediately; otherwise, we loss the point even if we were right. This game was testing how fast was our reaction and our ability to face the "chaotic situation", because there were often noises while you were answering. (To be honest, I forgot most of them :P)
    Although that was an "torturing" game which killed most of my brain cells, I still had a good time. I believe there will be more exciting and fabulous courses in the future! 

6 comments:

  1. So did u attend this ?

    http://worldmun2010.blogspot.tw/2009/08/blog-post_29.html

    I tried years ago but in vain cuz the assignments b4 the camp was freakin' hard for me. I remembered they were bout the Tibet(civil war and the issue of independence) and Somalia(rampageousness of pirates), and picked one of them to discuss and compiled them into papers.
    Glad to see that u like this sort of clubs or organizations, for it's meaningful to have the insights to our world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha~ no, Harvard?! I believe NTU is also working on this. You seems interested in this too:) to be honest, it's really exhausted:P

      Delete
  2. I have never joined MUN because using English to debate with others is hard for me and that might kill all of not just most of my brain cells. But I still have enthusiasm for knowing about MUN.So it's fortunate for me to learn more about MUN from your blog. I hope one day I'll possess enough good English ability to join MUN.
    I want to practice English speaking skills with you and 瑋瑋 or maybe I can just stand by side, listening you tow speaking English and learn from your conversation. Ha!Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we can go to wee wee's house to practice our English~you know what i mean:) really looking forward to it~~

      Delete
  3. Nice to meet to you!
    What a coincidence,I joined the same class,2compulsorys class and English.And 電影概論..you too?
    If we have a chance,Would you like to go out for Lunch or dinner?:D
    And Good luck to our homeworks of compulsory...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, it's really amazing, isn't it? sure!!how about lunch before English class, we can arrange a time when we both are free:) nice to meet you~

      Delete